Bihar Board Class 9th Maths Solutions Chapter 10 Circles Ex 10.1 Textbook Questions and Answers.
BSEB Bihar Board Class 9th Maths Solutions Chapter 10 Circles Ex 10.1
Fill in the blanks :
- The centre of a circle lies in _________ of the circle. (exterior/interior)
- A point, whose distance from the centre of a circle is greater than its radius lies in _________ of the circle. (exterior/interior)
- The longest chord of a circle is a _________ of the circle.
- An arc is a _________ when its ends are the ends of a diameter.
- Segment of a circle is the region between and of _________ the circle.
- A circle divides the plane, on which it lies, in _________ parts.
- three parts.
Write True or False : Give reasons for your answers.
- Line segment joining the centre to any point on the circle is a radius of the circle.
- A circle has only finite number of equal chords.
- If a circle is divided into three equal arcs each is a major arc.
- A chord of a circle, which is twice as long as its radius is a diameter of the circle.
- Sector is the region between the chord and its corresponding arc.
- A circle is a plane figure.
- True. As ‘radius’ is used in two senses in the ‘Sense of a line segment and also in the sense of a length.
- False. As an infinite number of points lie on the circle so we get infinite number of chord on joining any two points.
- False. Since these arcs are equal in length so they are called equal arc.
- True. As diameter is the longest chord and its length is twice the radius of the circle.
- False: As the region between an arc and the two radii, joining the centre to end points of the arc is known as a sector.
- True. Since a circle is the locus of a point which moves in a plane in such a way that its distance from a given fixed point in the plane is always constant. So, a circle lies in a plane.